2023-2024 Street Team Marketing Member
The University Star is looking for a motivated Street Team Marketing member to support client marketing operations for The University Star team and Director of The University Star. This student MUST be available from 8:30 AM to noon and work a minimum of 2 hours on Tuesdays rain or shine. Please do NOT apply if you are not available during this time.
The candidate must be a hard-working professional who is able to undertake a variety of tasks and work well within a team. The ideal individual is outgoing, detail-oriented and can complete tasks with discretion and minimal supervision.
· Set up canopy and table with The University Star newspaper and client promotional items.
· Distribute client promotional items such as flyers and samples.
· Identify interest and understand our readers.
· Provide information about The University Star to students, faculty, staff, and visitors while out on the Quad.
· Photograph Street Team event days and send photos to the University Star Director.
· At the end of the event, break down, return items, and put them away in the newsroom storage closet.
· Report information to Student Publications Coordinator on Fridays from Street Team event days (i.e. questions asked and interest level on promotional items).
· Required to attend weekly meetings and respond to emails within 24 hours.
· Required to obtain golf cart license through The University Star.
· Join appropriate SLACK channel and maintain effective communication.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Food handler’s certification prior to start date.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
· Copy of class schedule.