Graphic Design Health Promotion
Graphic Design Student Worker
Health Promotion Services - Texas State Student Health Center
Hours per Week: 15-20
Job Description: Student graphic designer supports brand guidelines and quality standards for all assigned projects by providing on-point conceptual print and digital graphics. This position works on a team alongside a marketing assistant and reports to the Assistant Director of Health Promotion Services. This position works 15-20 hours a week.
As the graphic designer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and modifying graphic and media elements that are focused on Health Promotion Services, the Student Health Center, and its constituents. Tasks are assigned by the Assistant Director of Health Promotion Services. The graphic designer collaborates with the Assistant Director of HPS, staff in the HPS office, SHC Marketing coordinator and other SHC marketing staff to create and implement projects.
- Design, create and maintain promotional material for Health Promotion Services and the Student Health Center including signs, posters, handbills, brochures, website graphics, social media graphics, etc
- Use Adobe Illustrator, In-Design, and Photoshop to make marketing and educational materials
- Follow and learn university marketing standards and guidelines
- Assist in outreach events (may include weekend and/or evening hours with advance notice) for the promotion of Health Promotion Services, Healthy Cats, Students Against Violence and Student Health Center,
- Provide support and assistance in the production of all materials by communicating professionally with staff in Health Promotion Services and the Student Health Center.
- Undertake administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the organization’s activities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- Experience creating marketing/promotional materials
- Must maintain enrollment in at least 6 semester credit hours
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
Preferred Qualifications (Not required but a plus):
- Student majoring in Communication Design or related field
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, In-Design, After Effects, Premiere Pro, or Lightroom
- Experience in Calico Content Manager
- Photography skills
- Electronic file management skills
- Unofficial Transcript
- Portfolio (Digital or print)
- Qualtrics form: https://txstate.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eh59XtdgVHv5t4y
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
Please click https://txstate.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eh59XtdgVHv5t4y and submit required documents. References and background check required.
Mission of the Hiring Office:
Health Promotion Services supports the academic and personal success of all students by providing public health leadership to the campus community and accessible, inclusive health and wellness services.
The Student Health Center’s mission is to support the academic and personal success of all Texas State students by providing high-quality, accessible and inclusive health and wellness services.
Hiring Office Contact Information:
Supervisor Name: Julie Eckert
Supervisor Position: Assistant Director, Student Health Center