Distribution Manager | Spring 2024
The University Star is looking for a motivated Distribution Manager to support daily operations.
The candidate must be a hard-working professional who is able to undertake a variety of tasks and work diligently under pressure. The ideal individual is detail-oriented and can complete tasks with discretion and minimal supervision.
The candidate must have a clean driving record and be able to satisfactorily complete the university’s golf cart driving course prior to January 4, 2024.
- Deliver newspapers to all on-campus locations by 10 a.m. every Tuesday in the spring using The University Star’s golf cart.
- Deliver newspapers to all off-campus locations by noon every Tuesday using a personal vehicle.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of distribution points both on and off campus.
- Revisit delivery points during the week and refill newspapers as needed, making note of locations that need more and those that need fewer.
- Document pickups in a spreadsheet to evaluate effectiveness of distribution locations.
- Recommend the addition, elimination or relocation of distribution locations based on data.
- Maintain the appearance of newspaper racks by regularly cleaning, repairing and/or reporting damage.
- Ensure the golf cart is charged at all times and maintain the appearance of the golf cart by cleaning and reporting damage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel.
- Clean driving record.
- Copy of class schedule.