Fall 2022 Desktop Lead System Engineer Co-Op/ Intern - (170121)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
- Verify and validate hardware products designed and developed in house at AMD using the standard qualification process developed within the hardware qualification group and participates in creating/improving all phases of test procedures and methodologies.
- Help isolate and analyze the failures found in testing and support the internal design team to find the root cause of the issues.
- Assist validation team in improving the validation methods and procedures.
- Executing and/or automating the tests.
- Communicate with various internal departments to resole anomalies
- Participate in issuing internal/external releasable test reports.
- Response to validate the system and silicon for internal design teams.
- Perform the Software and Hardware level test using external and internal AMD test tools, including oscilloscope, analyzer, margin test tools, functional test, etc
- Some experience in video/graphics, CPU/APU and system level hardware and software design and usage
- Some experience in board level design, development and usage.
- Familiarity with Linux is an asset.
- Proficient in using all MS operating systems and the configuration/setting of PCs.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with guidance effectively to meet time requirements
- College student obtaining EE, CS or similar technical degree
Requisition Number: 170121
Job Function: Student/ Intern/ Temp
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.