Test & Validation Coop
Built on Willis Carrier's invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a world leader in heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration solutions. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
At Carrier, we build and maintain comfortable, accessible, efficient, healthy, safe, secure, and sustainable environments. Carrier's Fire & Security Products (FSP) business builds technology that saves lives and protects property by offering leading fire and security systems solutions globally.
Carrier Fire & Security Products, the world's largest manufacturer of fire safety products, is seeking an intern with a passion for electronics testing and design verification to join the Design Validation and Test team in its Fireye business in Derry, NH. Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems, leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings. Fireye is part of the Carrier Corporation, within a family of remarkable companies defined by its leading global brands and renowned for its unyielding commitments to innovation and environmental sustainability.
Fireye is an industry-leading manufacturer of combustion and efficiency controls and monitoring instrumentation, optical flame scanners, and system components for industrial, commercial, and utility markets. Fireye products are deployed across the globe. To learn more about Fireye, visit our website at www.fireye.com
The Test and Validation Coop will support the qualification of the innovative products designed and manufactured at the Fireye Derry facility. The candidate will work with Design Engineers and Test Engineers across multiple disciplines to maintain the product quality expected by the Fireye customer base. The role will support validation of new designs, test operations for current products on the manufacturing floor as well as product testing for agency (re)certifications.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Capability to read and comprehend schematics and design specifications to extract performance metrics
- Familiarity with AC & DC designs
- Experience with power supplies and transformers
- Soldering and PCB rework
- Ability to execute test procedures and document the outcomes
- Ability to use standard lab tools (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, thermal chambers, etc.)
- Prior test and debug experience
- Exposure to circuit design theory
- Exposure to programming languages (C, C++, Python, etc.)
- Exposure to Labview or another scripting/automation tools
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree program, majoring in a related field of study
- GPA must be greater than or equal to a 3.0 GPA
- Relevant coursework or previous internships preferred
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees