Fall 2022 Client Platform Co-Op/ Intern - (165304)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Excited about exploring leading technology Notebook/Laptop design? Do you enjoy problem-solving unique implementation and design challenges? Then we have the right role for you!
The Client Platform Co-op/Intern is responsible for all aspects of verification and debug support on next generation notebooks and SOCs, including power management, benchmarks, USB, GFX driver, test development, regressions, and infrastructure development.
We are seeking an analytical thinker with problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail. The ideal candidate: enjoys ambitious work in a multi-project team environment using state-of-the-art tools and technology, is a self-starter who is able to work independently to complete tasks on schedule, and demonstrates creativity with "out-of-the-box" solutions and high initiative to solve unassigned but project impacting issues.
- Work with Lead system engineering team and reads documentation to understand features to be implemented and verified
- Assist with internal platform testing and experiments
- Debug test failures to determine defect type
- Additional responsibilities may include implementing script/tool for debug support
- Working knowledge of both Linux and Windows environments
- Strong understanding of digital electronics and ASIC design flow (plus)
- Proven understanding of the Compute Graphics (strong plus)
- General tools experience with MS Office Suite
- BS or MS (CS/EE/CE) in progress
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.