Marketing Analytics Intern
The Marketing Analytics intern is responsible for the coordination of systemic tools resulting in metrics (Net Promoter Score) that help senior leaders drive business excellence. You will work closely with our Member Viewpoint Program Manager to develop meaningful analytic conclusions and recommendations for innovative solutions related to member feedback and the member experience. You will also provide demos and training for champions and subject matter experts, including documentation as required for reporting, analysis, trending and communication. The Marketing Analytics intern must show passion in capturing and transforming feedback into actionable themes to drive cross-company solutions focused on improving experiences.
This internship goes from June 6, 2022- August 12, 2022. Are you available to commit to 20-30 hours a week, Monday through Friday, for the duration of this internship?
As Austin’s largest locally-owned financial institution, University Federal Credit Union is a financial institution owned by, dedicated to, and always working for our Members. Our mission at UFCU is simple: to provide for the well-being of our Members. We’re proud to focus on people — not profits. We deliver fair and honest products and outstanding service, and we work collaboratively within our organization as well as our community to help Members achieve their personal and financial goals.
The UFCU Internship program focuses on our two strategic areas of education and employment by providing a quality and cohesive internship program that will decrease the time between graduation and gainful employment. Joining the UFCU Internship program allows you to gain hands on experience, while making a great impact on our organization. We offer an environment where people care about each other – like family. If you want to love what you do, make an impact in your community, and have the power to help people change their lives – then we’re glad you’re here.
- Learn all role-specific technical skills
- Critical-thinking: analyze and process data, use all available tools and resources, collaborate with others, evaluate and propose options, consider desired outcomes, and integrate stakeholder interests into problem-solving & decision-making processes.
- Develop understanding of professionalism and etiquette
- Building trust: with peers, UFCU employees, members, and stakeholders
- Collaborating: professional and influential exchanges with others
- Networking: work with supervisor and mentor to establish resources
- Commitments: follow through on all assignments and obligations
- Exhibit proficiency in written and verbal communication skills
- Deliver, receive, and process information from multiple channels
- Give and receive feedback in various settings
- Listen and ask clarifying questions
- Participate in regular meetings and conference calls
- Planning: determining best course of action for individual and group projects
- Organizing: gathering and prioritizing information and resources to accomplish objectives and desired outcomes
- Leading: giving and receiving direction
- Goal setting: determine desired outcome for projects
- Developing metrics: establish project success criteria
- Results: evaluate results and adapt accordingly
- Reporting: deliver proposals, updates, alternatives, and project analysis
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with the Adobe Creative suite required
- Computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Emotional Intelligence
- Building Partnerships
- Focus on Results
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student with an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 30 completed academic hours
- Data analytics experience (including school and professional assignments)
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required. Job may require travel to varied locations throughout Austin metro area
- Must be bondable
- Customer service experience preferred
- Bilingual Spanish / English preferred
Things You Need to Know Before You Apply
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job included close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- Employee will make extensive use of the telephone requiring the ability to effectively and accurately explain complex information.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position may involve periodic stressful conditions.
- May occasionally require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours.
- May occasionally move from one work location/branch to another.
- Public contact position, requiring appropriate professional appearance.
- Frequent computer use at a workstation up to two hours at a time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.