Supply Chain Intern
Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Spring, summer and fall internships available
- Full time and part time flexibility
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, this person will be responsible for learning the management of a small fleet of professional truck drivers, ensuring safety and the timely service of all freight movements. This person will also be trained in DOT regulations to ensure drivers are within compliance. They will also work with internal contacts to ensure correct plans, routes, and on-time service for all customer loads. They will also be responsible for developing and cultivating relationships with drivers while having an empathetic attitude. They will also be responsible for precise communication to all internal and external contacts. This person must be willing to work in a high-paced work environment while maintaining a high level of organization.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities:
· Gain experience and understanding of general transportation and logistics management principles.
· Build positive relationships with drivers, to minimize turnover and increase utilization.
· Cultivate existing customer relationships that will increase load count, driver utilization and profit margin.
· Work with the assigned sales director to understand customer commitments, networks, and pricing.
· Learn how to manage internal and external yards to drive the best utilization of equipment.
· Gain knowledge on driver payroll, driver counseling, driver safety, and accident reviews.
· Participate in special projects that are assigned by the Operations Manager.
· Bring new ideas and suggestions to the Operations Manager that will drive operational excellence.
· Understand industry trends and company initiatives.
Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Operations Management or other business related business major.