Summer 2022 Store Management Intern
Store Management Intern
Apply through the external application link via Handshake.
The Kohl's Store Management Internship provides an eight week experience for you to explore various aspects within a Kohl's Store and an opportunity to lead directly alongside Store Executive Management. From Human Resources to Operations to Merchandising to Developing a Team, as a Store Management Intern you will be exposed to the behind the scenes of running a multi-million dollar Kohl's Store. The retail environment is evolving and so are our stores. During the internship, you will also gain exposure to omnichannel management within your store’s four walls. Learn what we sell, how we sell it, who we sell it to, and where we sell it.
The internship takes place inside a Kohl's Store where you will not only learn store operations and how to drive sales but you will also learn about our most powerful asset: Our People. You will interact with, learn about, and engage with many different types of personalities. In addition you will spend time at the heart of the company: on the sales floor with our Customers helping us better understand how to fulfill and empower lives. Learn how to have courageous conversations, navigate peer to peer relationships, and how to lead and inspire teams (what we do best at Kohl's)!
Develop your inner leader, meet great people, and come have fun with us in Summer 2021! Want to learn more about this position? Check out these informational videos from our former interns!
This isn’t just an internship. It is a full experience to preview your life in retail management. The internship can lead to a full-time offer with us as a Store Executive upon graduation. Did you know we strive to offer 60% or more of our Interns a full-time position? Imagine securing your career before graduation!
Location and Start Date
With over 1100 stores, our Store Management Internship is available nationwide and begins in June.
- 8 week full-time paid internship
- Attend a District Intern Kick-Off Event and network with other Interns and Leaders
- Give back to the community and participate in a Kohl’s Volunteer Event
- Opportunity to manage a department
- Lead a Final Store Walk with District Manager
- Kohl’s Executive Speaker Series: Hear directly from Senior Leaders as an Intern
- Junior standing towards a bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between Fall 2022 and Spring 2023
- Full-time availability June through July (40 hours/week), Sunday through Saturday and must be available nights and weekends
- Desire to pursue a career in retail management
- Highly adaptable
- Self motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others