Office Management Intern
Department Description: This department welcomes all guests into the office and serves as a liaison between all departments. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: management of all orders coming through AFF, registration, hotel reservations, organization of the office, supply maintenance, collateral print projects and mail outs, incoming mail, membership, recruitment/training of interns/staff/contract employees, open & close the office, etc.
Job Description: An Office Management intern will assist the Office Manager in maintaining an efficient office environment. They will aid in facilitating the operations of the membership program, fulfilling merchandise orders, running errands for the office (car required), as well as administrative duties such as data entry and general day-to-day phone calls (customer service a plus!).
- Project coordination: maintaining deadlines, getting price quotes, creating priorities, assisting in the implementation of year-long projects (membership, registration, food trade).
- Researching and creating systems and structures that help support the organization.
Project Ownership Opportunities:
Approximately a month into each internship, interns will be assigned one of the following projects to own throughout the rest of the internship’s duration. Project assignment is based upon interns’ capabilities and goals.
Food Trade and Donations: The Festival utilizes relationships with Austin businesses to its benefit especially when it comes to food trade. This project will give interns the opportunity to collaborate with the Development team to help create relationships with local businesses for the potential of food trade during the Festival and throughout the year. With these relationships would also come the fulfilment of providing food and lunches for staff and sticking to a budget that is provided for them while learning customer service and sales experience.
Membership: This project will allow an intern to help manage our membership base. This would include communicating with members regarding upcoming events, membership renewal (via mail, phone calls or email?), fulfilling membership orders/renewals, conducting research into other membership opportunities at other organizations, upkeep of database for current interns.
Merch/Collateral: The Festival heavily relies upon printed materials and merchandise. This project will give interns the opportunity to manage and create timelines, conduct research, practice organization and gain customer service by fulfilling orders.
Interns will get the opportunity to:
- Develop organizational and analytic skills
- Customer service experience
- Enhance communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exemplary communication skills
- Process-oriented problem-solver
- Events experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred, especially Excel
- Administrative experience preferred
- Commitment to excellence, fun, and meeting goals
Timeframe: Spring & Summer/Fall (no Summer only internships)